This is my favorite mom book! It's so funny, yet so real!

My favorite page in this book says the following:
...mother is one of the few titles you'll take with you when you go. The family you are helping build represents the only unit on earth that is designed to last through eternity. It's not a waste of your talent --it's the most significant possible use of it!
I cant imagine that any woman loves what she's doing every hour of every day, and when things get tough, it's easy to second-guess yourself. The fact that such a wonderful array of choices is available to women today makes it easy to think (especially in those less-rewarding moments) that maybe you chose wrong.
You didn't.
No one can properly assess the value of what you do because they're not there to see all the little ways in which you are"paid" and how the world is blessed by your efforts.
Someday, closer to the end of your life, when your grandchildren and great-grandchildren are running around in the yard and climbing up to give you sticky kisses and writing you love notes, I'll bet it will be clearer-to everyone-who made the right choice. And in eternity, when you're sitting surrounded by your posterity and enjoying the sweet companionship of a multitude of loved ones, those people who tried to tell you otherwise in this life will understand what you knew all along: Being the Mom is the best! (p148-149)
Being the Mom seems to be mostly about: trying again, and again, and again! Thank you to this mom who never stopped trying. I love you mom!
- I love this mom because she loves to have fun. Her laugh is contagious!
- I love this mom because she is always anxiously engaged and looking for someone to serve!
- I love this mom because she is always building me up!
- I love this mom because she loves me no matter what!
- I love this mom because she always knows what to say!
- I love this mom because she is a reflection of Christ.
- I love this mom because she is a survivor!
- I love this mom because she is strong and humble.
- I love this mom because she is simply the most wonderful mom!
Kristin wrote this not long ago!

Famous for what?
Everyone's eyes on me.
What should I perform?
What will my talent be?
Crisp, immaculate house?
Balanced meal, 5 o'clock.
Neatly folded laundry.
Partner for every sock.
Applause! Applause!
But wait, I'm so much more.
Me, a shaper of souls.
Little ones, numbering four.
And if famous for only this.
Content I will be.
Four souls to my charge.
Lord's eyes on me.
Inspiring! Kristin, Happy Mom's Day. I love and appreciate you more than words.







3 comments:
Karen-
Thank you for the Mother's Day love. Uplifting post. Although, you should have put yourself on there. You are a great Mom with a big heart. I love you.
Kristin
Love this! Your mom is amazing and shaped two amazing moms (you & Kristin). So happy you have someone like her in your life (and that you shared her a little with me too :)). Happy Mother's Day!!!
Thank you Sweertheart for your Mother's Day thoughts. I guess your never to old to hear those words. I am sure grateful for the beautiful Moms that you and Kristin are. I don't think I had to much to do with it. You are wonderful examples to me. Thank you for seeing past my weaknesses to my strengths, and loving me. Your a wonderful daughter.
Post a Comment