Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Where's the phone?

So, Monday I was hanging out with a good friend and after a few hours of talking and eating and whatever else, it was time for her to leave. The phone rang as I was walking her outside to her van. I decided to answer it and walked outside with the phone in my hand. I then preceded to lay our home phone on her van. She was putting stuff in her car and we were still talking, and then she was gone. Yes, you know what happened. Steph was gone and... so was our phone. I think I may be going crazy.

Not even 24 hours earlier I lost my keys at church. I would be lying if I said I only lose my keys once a day. Actually, I lose my keys every time I lay them down. I think I'm crazy or maybe I'm just getting old. Today, Gracie informed me that I looked like I was 60. I told her, "Grace, Papa J isn't even 60." Gracie said, "Mom, no not 60, I meant 50." I thought it was nice of her to give me those ten years back. If my mind isn't working well at 30 I can only imagine what it will be like when I'm actually 50?!

Matt informed me that the phones in our next house will come in this form. It would be hard to lose a phone booth, but I wouldn't put it past me.

6 comments:

polka dots said...

I am laughing Karen! Yes, you do lose your keys everytime you put them down. I've seen it happen more than once. You are just in multi-task overload. (eternally)

dandee said...

Gotta love Gracie! You don't look a day over 23.

As far as the key thing goes...don't let Kristin fool you. She is also ALWAYS losing her keys. And her phone. It must be genetic.

Ashley said...

haha! losing keys must run in your family... brad has problems every once in awhile with keys, phone, wallet!!! We need to figure something out for you guys!

Matt and Dionne said...

That was funny--you got me laughing out loud! I could see the whole thing so clearly:) I loved Matt touch with the phone booth!!

T-bit said...

I love the song...but all of us moms are a little crazy...especially when we are doing so much for everyone else...sounds like you need a girls night to unwind...just don't leave the light on in the minivan..haha!

Amanda said...

I'm so excited to look at your blog now!!! And I think the phone booth is not a bad idea... :)

Send me your email address. I want to send you something!