Kristin, me, Dave, and Brad flew to Utah to drop my parents off at the MTC. We planned it all behind their backs. The surprise went over very well. Actually I would say they were shocked.
Kristin captured the best pics of their reactions. I don't ever want to forget their faces!!!
Kristin captured the best pics of their reactions. I don't ever want to forget their faces!!!

I was thinking of all the times they had dropped each of us off at the start of a new experience. Now it was our turn to do the dropping off.Dad, you look so happy to finally be wearing the shiny black tag! Mom, I don't know that I've ever seen you without the smile!
I know how they have influenced my life. I can only imagine how many more lives will be changed. *Mom, no roller blading down the boardwalk!
I love you!!!







7 comments:
I am so glad that all your efforts paid off. I can imagine that your parents feel the same way, all their efforts in your behalf have paid off. You could not have wrapped a better gift for them.
I am so glad that you all arrived safely and on time. I was really worried that the Texas crew would get delayed due to weather.
We will miss them, oh let me restate that we miss them already, but they are going to have great experiences. We will too!
Love ya, A. Suz
I can't believe that we have another senior elmer family out in the mission field. I can't but help smile seeing the joy in Uncle Jerry and Aunt Tanya's faces. Way to go on the surprise too. I hope you keep us all updated.
Casey
That's so exciting. That must have been such a special day. Isn't it fun to plot against your parents as adult children?
What a tender tribute to two such wonderful people by their kids! We love you guys and we are so excited for Jerry and Tanya I can't believe that their first area is Santa Cruz that was my old stomping ground as a teenager!! Every weekend it was hit the beach at Santa Cruz...wow..now that is what I call sacrifice!
They are going to be phenomenal missionaries! So cool that you got to see them off!
We were glad to have been there to see them go. We love you Jerry and Tanya & we will miss you too! What a great treat to watch you all surprise them! Who knew so many elmers could fit in that burger joint?!
What a fun thing you guys did for your parents. They look so happy and YOUNG!! What a neat experience for your family.
Post a Comment