Monday, October 6, 2008

Hurricane Joann's

Hurricane Joanne managed to destroy my bedroom while I was preparing for a craft show.


It took some extensive cleaning

Finally, clean at last! Poor Matt, I think he may have shed a tear to have his room back in working order. He can now lay in bed without waking up tangled in yarn.


But, out of this mess ....

Came these fun creations!!!!!

Some of my favorite Hats




Lil' Apron


Favorite Little Miss Priss Scarf!




My favorite little shoes!








Oh... and look at this precious baby boy in my Blueberry Fields cocoon and hat! I love it!

I have loved making and learning all these new things! It reminds me of this quote I heard recently:)!

"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty." (President Dieter F. Uchtdorf)

Love you all!!!

17 comments:

polka dots said...

Finally...a new post! Love all the shoes and hats. I am so proud of you and your newly discovered creative talents.

Jamie said...

those are some really cute creations. I didn't know you were crafty. We can totally relate to the hurricanes around here. Its amazing how quickly the mess is made and how much longer it takes to clean it up.

dandee said...

Karen, you are amazing! I can't get over how cute everything is! I wish I would have been around to see your booth at the craft show. I would have snatched up one of everything for sure!

Amy Jo said...

Love them all!!!! I will take one of each!:) I really do want to order shoes and hats and scarks for my girls. I will be checking out etsy soon! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

ok Karen...how did it go?! Call me...I need to buy some of these beauties from you!! LOVE them!

The Farnsworth Family said...

Wow!! I am so proud of you... how unfair that you discover your incredible crafty talents as soon as I live too far away to enjoy them! I can't get over how adorable all of the items are. I vote for a personal shopping day at your house :) Miss ya girl! Love ya tons.

T-bit said...

You weren't lying about the craft madness~ I love everything that you made it is so cute!!! You are such a creator!

Jerry & Tanya said...

Congratulations on your craft show creations! You did great, Honey!!! Also great job on your clean bedroom. It's almost time to mess it all up again isn't it? What's next on the schedule?

Suz said...

Everything looks great. Thanks for helping Kendall with her scarf. You have made crafting cool.

everyday katie said...

Oh my freakin' word. YOu are un-real. I LOVE it all. You have such a great quality to your work. You always pretend you're not good at this. But it's spectacular. I hope you're charging tons. THat is great stuff.

Stephanie said...

Okay so how talented are you!! LOVE all the cute stuff. How much for the scarf? I have a Little Miss Priss that would be so cute in that scarf. You'll have to email me and let me know. Way to go!

T-bit said...

Would you please put a link on your blog to your etsy shop!!! I spent like 45 minutes trying to find you and didn't succeed! Love the goods!

Matt and Dionne said...

KAREN!!! That stuff is sooo cute! I want one of everything! You made all that stuff? I didn't know you were into crafts. You could seriously open a boutique!

Heidi said...

You're amazing, Karen! Everything's soo cute! You should have a little home party and invite all your friends (including me of course)! I'm sure we'd all love to support your new creativity!

Jamie said...

Karen,
You are the woman! I am so impressed with all your talents. They are too cute. I want to see more. I want to order a hat or two also. Please! Good for you...I am just so stinkin impressed.

Love ya,
Jamie

leigh said...

wow! that's a lot of stuff! i had no idea you were so talented! how did the craft show go?

(my room always looks like that, by the way, but my dining room table is the crafting place, so it's even messier! maybe one day i'll get a sewing room.)

Unknown said...

Okay, i LOVE your little hats and aprons. Seriously, adorable! Warn Matt, I want some!