Sunday, August 3, 2008

Unhappy Feet!


You may be thinking... Wow look at those cute shoes, and then you notice the scabby knee that made it's way into this pic! Or maybe you didn't even notice the shoes because you are totally distracted by this gross knee picture. I solemnly swear that I will never post another picture of me with a scabby knee again. But this is worth sharing!
So, I was totally enthralled in my favorite show on Wednesday night. Every time the commercials would come on I would hurriedly start picking up my house. You know the drill: toys, kitchen, clothes, and really anything on the floor. When I say hurriedly, I mean I was jogging around my house putting things away during the commercial breaks. Heaven forbid me miss part of my show. Did I not think about the DVR. Hello... I can rewind.
Well, in all of my picking up I missed my shoes laying pretty much in the middle of the hall. I heard the music to my show start up and I started jogging faster so that I wouldn't miss anything. That's when it happened. I crashed and burned. Yes this 31 one year old fell on her face. I would be lying if I said it didn't hurt. I'm too big to fall like that. Only little children fall like that.
Anyway, Ella was my only witness. Thank goodness! Matt would have never let me hear the end of that one! Ella just gave me this weird look and walked away.
Every time I think about it I laugh. The scab is there to remind me that it really happened. There have been a few people ask me what happened to my knee. I wish I could tell them that I was playing really hard with my kids (you know, being a good mom wrestling and tickling) when I managed to get this crazy rug burn. But... all I can tell them is that I tripped over my shoes trying to get back to the couch to watch my favorite show.
So, don't forget to put your shoes away!

9 comments:

everyday katie said...

I fell and scrapped my knees back n February and have a nasty scar to remind me. It's a lot farther to the ground as an adult than as a kid.

Could that favorite show possibly have been So You Think You Can Dance? Because that show inspires the same thing in me. I HATE to miss it. I missed it more this year than I would have liked. Looking forward to the finale!

dandee said...

Don't feel too badly. I fell down the stairs last summer while I was pregnant with miss Audrey and still have the scar on my ankle to prove it.

p.s. The shoes are adorable and SYTYCD is totally worth a skinned up knee.

polka dots said...

I remember when I fell once in front of my kids. Brynn told me to shake it off cause I was gonna be just fine!

Nothing like having your own words come right back at ya!

Stephanie said...

Hey Karen!! Its Stephanie (Dietz) Cryer. Your kids are adorable!! If you want an invite to my blog email me at c-cryer@sbcglobal.net. Sorry about your feet. I've never fell just trip on my own dumb feet in front of others :o)

Jennifer said...

K I found your blog. Someone (I mean Ella's) baby picture looks just like her mother's!!!

Jerry & Tanya said...

I love your shoe story. I laugh because, I've done that type of thing while watching DANCING WITH THE STARS. Love Ya!

Jamie said...

That's funny. My kids usually do the same thing when anyone gets hurt-ignore them. I had a smiliar fall the other day running across the street--I slipped on some mud. My whole family was sitting in the car waiting for me and since I fell in front of the car they didn't see it happen. Since nobody saw it I thought, "what the heck. I guess I'll just get up and pretend it never happened."

Heidi said...

You are so funny!
I am always hurting myself like that! Kamron always makes fun of me for it.
So, I can relate! :)
Just curious...
what's your favorite show that you were trying to get back to?

Toni said...

that's hilarious! I'm so sorry that it happened, but at the same time I'm not, because I seriously started laughing out loud... i do hope you're ok though. I can just picture ella's face, and that's really what i'm laughing about... not that you hurt yourself!