Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Big Reveal





So... Yes, me with short hair. Here's the story.
My friend Rachel was asked to be a hair model for Judy at the Tony and Guy Salon in the Willowbend Mall. In order for Judy to become Art Director, she was in charge of putting on a hair fashion show. Judy informed Rachel that she needed a curly hair model. Low and behold, Rachel new just the girl.
So, here I am with short hair modeling the "Sensual Curl" style. Monday night we had to walk down a runway carpet in front of about 20 or so people. I know, it's hard to picture me doing this. This was so out of my comfort zone, which was the precise reason why I did it!
Judy gave us strict instructions to not smile and be sassy. So, I did. I walked down that carpet like I'd been doin' this for years. I kept telling myself not to laugh, because I was cracking up inside. I seriously acted like I owned the place.
It was sooooo fun to let go of all of my insecurities for 30 seconds. It was empowering in a little, but big way. Then, we took our crazy make up off and went back to our real jobs being MOM.

13 comments:

polka dots said...

Cute hair! I really like it! Looks good on you. Now we know where Livi got her sassy pose!

leigh said...

cute hair, you look really great.

The Farnsworth Family said...

Love your hair! What a fun opportunity! Couldn't think of a more beautiful curly hair model!

Ashley said...

lovin the hair! you look super sexy in those pictures! Sounds like tons of fun! Makes me want to cut my hair!

b.rad said...

HOLY MOTHER!!!! is that my sister!!! NICE!!! i mean gross!! Just kidding. look like you had fun!

Amanda said...

YEAH for you!!!! It's a hard thing to go out of our comfort zone!

Matt and Dionne said...

How cute! I love the new look!
Ok, don't even try to deny it...Alivia totally got her posing skills from you!!!:)
Wish I could have been there to watch!

Amanda said...

So I'm loving your short hair! It looks great on you.

dandee said...

HOOTTTTTIIEEEE! I LOVE your new do! You look great and I really admire you for being able to do something that is out of your comfort zone. I need to work on that skill...

T-bit said...

You and Rach are such hotties!!! Way to work it! Yeah, where do your girls get their sassyness?

Heidi said...

OK, the music and the photos went to well together!
I love your hair...
and you look georgous!
I wish I could have been there to see you! That would have been so fun! Did anyone catch it on tape?
That would be a great post! :)
Sorry it's been soo long! If you ever come my way, give me a call...
940-595-6247
The girls would love to play!

Toni said...

can i just tell everyone that i've seen this in person and she looks AWESOME with short hair! I love it. from the looks of it you and rach had a great time!

Suz said...

You go girl! Sasssssy!